Saturday, January 13, 2007

Date Night!

So I've decided to go on a date. To a movie. More specifically, the new Nick Cassavetes film. I've been looking forward to it for quite some time. Never thought I'd be anxious to see Justin Timberlake in a picture, but apparently he does a pretty bang-up job in Alpha Dog.

Anyhow, I asked Jeff if he'd watch the kids tomorrow night so I could go on said date. He said yes. And so he should, as I've stayed home on many an occassion so he could go out to the theatre.

I'm going all by myself. I've never been to a movie alone. Should be interesting. I'm used to laughing with someone, going out for a drink afterward and discussing the finer points, the acting, the direction, the cinematography, the costumes, all that shit... So that'll be different. But nonetheless, I'm looking foreward to it. Kinda like a little social experiment for myself. And on a Sunday evening too. Big movie date night around here. I wonder if I'll feel self-conscious as I stand in line alone, get my popcorn alone, take my seat alone, and ultimately, leave alone?

On second thought, maybe I'll invite Shari.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Yes, invite Shari, or me, or go with Jeff and I'll babysit!! You need someone with you to share the funny parts, or make fun of the other people sitting in the theater, or the big tub of popcorn!!! You're just a little girl Alissa, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EAT THE POPCORN ALONE!!!

alissa said...

Like I said, maybe I'll invite Shari... but it would also be interesting to go alone.

Anonymous said...

What am I chopped liver???
Martine (offended!)

Stacey said...

i've been to the movies alone before, and it's actually quite liberating! go for it!!

Barbara said...

Yes, invite Martine, or me, or go with Jeff and I'll babysit!! You need someone with you to share the funny parts, or make fun of the other people sitting in the theater, or the big tub of popcorn!!! You're just a little girl Alissa, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EAT THE POPCORN ALONE!!!

Wow....Déjà Vu

Tonya said...

Well if you go it alone or with a friend I hope you have a great time!! You just reminded me I need to get away myself.. lol

Emma in Canada said...

Hmmm...I'm not for going to movies alone. I've done it once, in a fit of pettiness, and wouldn't do it again. I say take your mum up on her offer.

However, if you choose to go on your own, try not to call it a date. People will wonder hat's wrong with you.

alissa said...

Perhaps the term "date night" was just wishful thinking on my part!!!

As for going to a movie with Jeff...? Thanks, but no. We have vastly different ideas of what constitutes a good movie.