
Holy crap... FIVE MONTHS OLD??? Can't be. Just can't be. Not yet... it's going by wayyy too fast for my liking.
As is the way with babies, so much is happening every single day. I'm trying hard to remember everything (and record them) so as not to forget, but lately it's just not working out so well.

In any case, this past month saw the rise of Hysterical Laughter. Full on uncontrollable giggles. Wild. Such a little person, such a big man laugh. And what brought it on? Being pushed in his Jolly Jumper like it was a swing. That's all. The kid LOVED it! If only my camera took digital movies... I must get on Bubbie B for a recording of it...
If you remember last month little MickNew discovered the joy of his thumb? Well, this month he has found his fingers! He sucks and sucks... he pretty much crams his entire hand up his mouth, straight through to his elbow. It's wild. You should see him go.
He also found his weiner!!! Held on to that for awhile... Personally, I would have thought he'd find his feet first, but what do I know? Clearly he's a boy.
Serious housework procrastination going on here:

What else, what else?? I don't want to bore you by dragging this month's entry out, seeing as I'm not feeling particularly funny these days. Nor much in the mood to blog. Clearly - it's been almost two weeks or something crazy like that. Homefront shit, if you know what I mean. But I don't want to neglect my updates because I do not have a baby book for Michael... this blog is all he's getting so I am going to try my damndest to keep up with it.
Fist off, I was reading through Emma's baby book and one of the things it asks about is nicknames... so, since I don't have anywhere else to record them, I'll do it here. Michael's nicknames (by me) are MickNew (duh), MickNoodle, MickNoodle-icious, MickNoodle-doodle-doo, and Squish. Emma has always been my Sweet Potato, and every so often I'll call Michael by the same. The other day Emma heard this, and was PISSED. Touchy, touchy.
As of two days ago, Michael weighed in at a solid 18 lbs. Today he was down, 17.8. Good days, bad days... we all have 'em. But get this... believe it or not, he and Emma - who is 20 MONTHS OLDER THAN HIM - are wearing the same size diapers! Oy vey is all I have to say. (I'm a poet, & didn't even know it! Yeah, yeah, I'm gay too.)
It appears Michael is really into ocean life. Maybe he'll grow up to become a marine biologist.




Did I tell you he's a drooler and a spitter? Well he is. Big time. He just discovered that by pursing his lips and blowing out, lots of fun can be had. So he does it often.
Here is possibly the least attractive photo of him ever, showing you how he's mastered the drooling and the spitting. Michael... you're never gonna get laid if you keep this shit up.

As for the eating & sleeping schedule... see, told you I didn't have a baby book and must record all the shit that you, my dear readers, really could care less about here. Feel free to skip over this part.
Great... you're still here!
Back to the sleep schedule... sorry. During the day, he can amazingily go for five, six, even seven hours without a boob. Not even a peek at a nip. Unfortunately the same can't be said for the night, as he's STILL waking me up every 2-3 hours for a little slap and tickle action. Ugh. Men.
All men.

10 comments:
7 hours during the day without a boob?? I'll say what you said to me... f you! I swear I feed that girl every hour. I don't know what I'm going to do once the teeth shw up. Ouch.
he is adorable and love the spitty, drooly face.. Sounds like he is doing great though and he is a big boy!!
Have a great Christmas!
I love the sexiest man picture, he really is, I've seen him naked!!
Didn't I get you a baby book for Mick-New?? (or - for this week, perhaps he can be "Mick-Jew"... and then for xmas, well, I'll have to come up with something else....)
But yeah - the baby book... I'm pretty sure he has one.... a blue one.. from Ashley's! (and Auntie Lori)
Ok - here's my addition to the above post for his xmas name...
ChrisMick
Mick Jew, hahahaha!!!! Oy, that's funny!!!
Were you LOLing?
Too cute! I can't believe my girl is almost 9 months! The time sure does go too darn fast.
No, I was hahahahaing. I was LOLing when Emma told Bill that "Yeah is not a word"
LOL LOL LOL!!!!
On behalf of myself and all your readers......................
Michael is almost 6 months old, isn't it time to update??? C'mon, you have lots of new stories and pictures!!!
Post a Comment