Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I May As Well Be A Muffin

October 23 2006 001

I have to preface this post by telling you all that my maiden name is Blume...
-------------------
Emma has taken to calling Jeff by his first name.

If he's running late, she'll yell out, "C'mon, Jeff!"

When he comes home, she'll say "Hi, Jeff!"

When he goes out, she'll give a nod & a wave, and say "See ya later, Jeff!"

At bedtime, when I'm tucking her in, she'll look at me and request, "Jeff tuck me in."

Personally, I'm finding this hysterical. Jeff, not so much. Though I know it does make him chuckle... sometimes.

With all this going on, I've started to teach her our full names. She should know them. Not like anyone's ever going to ask her, but there's no harm in knowing that little bit more than the next kid on the block. At least that's how I was raised. I think.

A: Emma, what's Michael's full name?
E: Michael Dylan A-Bray (for some reason she gets this one right every time)

A: Emma, what's your full name?
E: Emma Jeffy Abray
A: No... YOUR full name?
E: Emma Kenzie A-Bray (it's actually Mckenzie, but I think I like Kenzie better so I'm living it alone. Bad mother, I know.)

A: What's daddy's full name?
E: Jeffy Daddy A-Bray (we're still working on this one)

A: What's mommy's full name?
E: A-Leee-Sa Blueberry A-Bray

=============================

Tonight I enlisted Emma's help in decorating the Holiday Tree. Christmas Tree. Whatever. Yeah, I'm one of those people...!

Of course she was all over the task. Very excited to put her mark on the tree. And who can blame her, really. It's 7 ft of plastic goodness, lights already built-in. The perfect Jewish girl's Christmas tree. If only I could pull it out of the box with the ornaments already in place everything would be perfect.

As she was busy at work, she kept saying, "Ho Ho... Merry Chrissmas!"

After she finished putting all her decorations on (of course, they covered one complete section in the bottom level, and all in three distinct bunches), she went about taking them all off.

A: Emma, what are you doing? Why are you taking all the decorations OFF the tree?
E: I cleaning up.

Only Jeff's kid.

==============================

Jeff left for Miami yesterday morning. Early morning. Like 5 am early. Hate those flights. I mean, for some reason he feels compelled to wake me up too...

Anyhow, the night before he was saying his good-bye to Emma during her bedtime.

J: Daddy's going to Miami tomorrow, Emma.
E: Your amie?
J: Huh?
E: Your amie?
J: Huh?
E: YOUR AMIE.

He finally got it.

Then in the morning, she & I had the following conversation:

A: Daddy's gone up in the airplane.
E: Gone to Daddy's amie.

I almost ate her up right then and there for breakfast. Better than any Egg McMuffin I could ever crave, regardless of how horrendous the hangover.

12 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

Lookit. Stop talking about how smart your daughter is, I am starting to feel like mine is either very stupid or I am a very lazy educator. And I know she's not stupid so it must be number 2. Damn. You and Tonya give me a complex with your above average 2 year olds.

However, she sounds totally adorable.

Tonya said...

I love the things she comes out with and yes you may as well be a muffin.. lol She is too adorable and love the pic of the two of you together :)

lol @ emma in canada.. lol

Anonymous said...

If I looked "adorable" up in the dictonary, there would be 2 pictures, yours and Emma's.

Sara

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barbara said...

I deleted it myself. But it was good.

Aleeeesa Blueberry!!!! So funny! I have to agree with Emma from Canada, your kids sound much smarter than mine too.

BB

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one (related) that is going to point out the extra "e"??!!

(Please tell me that those of you whom ARE related actually GOT THAT!)???

Oh - and BB, just so you know, we were all very bright... some of us just chose to keep the secret to ourselves a little longer!

Heather Noel said...

The picture is adorable.

Emmakirst said...

How freakin' cute is she! I love the "miami" one. Too sweet. And I agree, she's very smart :)

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barbara said...

Barbara said...
This is for Auntie L.... I didn't want to mention that extra "e" that Alissa put on the end of Blum, mind you....weren't you the one who once got a minus mark on a spelling test? Oh well,at least you're both smart enough to know that there are no pictures in the dictionary.

Barbara said...

Yes, Alissa those 2 deleted comments were mine.