Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year... And Other, More Important, Events

IMG_6100

Or at least one other important event. At least for me. Or rather for Michael. Yes, little Michael. He had a big day...

First off, how was your New Years Eve? Hopefully more exciting than mine. Granted, I suppose any evening, any day of the week, would generally be considered more exciting than me. At least when Survivor is on hiatus, that is. Now, if only the Apprentice was on last night, then perhaps we'd have something to talk about. But as it stood, I was asleep by 11:30.

May you all have a happy, healthy, and (very) prosperous 2007. Jeff & I are gunning for the (very) prosperous part. It'll have a definite impact on the happiness part.

But back to my story... Yesterday morning Michael nearly tore my nipple off. Shortly after that, he got to eat solid food for the first time! The delicious, the nutritious, the oh-so-tasty rice cereal! Wowwweeee! Exactly 5 1/2 months old. I had planned to go the full six with him, but the past few days have been excruiatingly painful. Like, OH MY GOD I'M IN SO MUCH PAIN THAT I THINK I'M GOING TO ACTUALLY VOMIT hard on my nipples. That's all it took, and the kid got food.

When Emma was first introduced to solids, she was pretty blase about the whole thing. Curious, but not overly excited. Kindly like my first time having sex. Michael, however, was EXACTLY how you'd imagine a 16-year-old boy having sex for the first time. He actually tried to EAT THE BOWL! Seriously. In my life, I've never seen anything like it... He absolultely lost it, his little hands were SHAKING with excitement. Un-fucken-real.

I'd say that if only my camera had video recording capabilities, I'd show you but no. This morning my computer had decided to have some issues. Issues like anything with a USB port will no longer work. Like my printer. Issues like my camera card is no longer recognized. Basically anything that requires an external connection no longer exists. This SUCKS. (Thankfully I uploaded all my Xmas photos before the big breakdown... bet you can't wait, eh?) To top it off, my 'computer guy' - you know him, we all have one - is MIA. Ever since I got my new machine about two years ago, I haven't needed him. And now he's no longer at his old number. UGH. Looks like I'm going to have to call the Geek Squad! Unless, of course, anyone knows anyone in the Greater GTA that is good at these sort of things, and doesn't charge too too much...

In other Michael news... HE FINALLY ROLLED OVER!!! December 27th, and again today... THREE TIMES!!! About bloody time, little man.

I can show you a photo from the 27th...

IMG_6134

IMG_6135

Stay tuned... Xmas photos & stories are coming...!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

WOW eating and rolling over.. WTG Michael!!! Your new year sounds about the same as mine although I was still up to bring in the new year..lol

Sucks about your computer troubles though.. hope you get someone to fix it soon!!

Happy New Year!!!

Emma in Canada said...

Oh the food. I bought Sophie cereal because my nipples are rubbed raw. We haven't tried it yet. I wanted to go the 6 months breast only but I don't think it will happen.