Sunday, November 05, 2006

Two on Two

almost 2 tanya

How great is this photo montage of Emma?! No, I didn't do it. Tonya did. Thank you,
Tonya!

So Emma is two years old. Coulda die?? I could. Seriously. I can't believe it was two years ago that I gave birth... But I'm going to stop there - Desperate Housewives is on in 9 minutes, both kids are asleep, Jeff is out of town, and I want nothing more than to curl up and collapse into Wisteria Lane. All that said, my two-year-recap is going to have to wait till tomorrow.

What I am going to give you, my three faithful readers, is a couple pics from her actual birthday date. Again, Jeff was out of town so he is noticably absent from all photos. Guys gotta make a livin', dontcha know. But he was plenty upset about not being here for the big day, even though we weren't planning on celebrating till he returned the following day. I figured she wouldn't know the difference anyhow. At least not till she reads this fifteen years from now... then she'll likely be pissed. At least she will if she's anything like me.

Back to the non-birthday celebration on her birthday. Good thing we have such good friends, that's all I have to say..

IMG_4264

In the morning, Michelle & Esther took Emma (and me and Michael) out to the Bakery Garden Cafe for cupcakes, birthday girls' choice. Huge display of glorious cupcakes. Everything you could imagine and more. My kid choose a cookie. That said, cookies for everyone! I know now that my homemade cookies, the cookies I raved about not too long ago, well.. they suck in comparison. Absolutely embarrasingly suck. Don't bother. From now on I'm sticking with the professionals.

IMG_4261

After that, we continued on with our weekly morning routine - we took the girls to Chapters to read, play with Thomas the Train, run around the store & scream, toss books off shelves, and cause general chaos, all while we sipped our Starbucks and pretended not to know them. Every so often we'd look around the store to find their deliquent mothers while the boys slept silently in their strollers.

IMG_4277

IMG_4287

IMG_4310

After we hustled the girls' out of the store with the lure of the elevator, we parted ways to go home and have our respective naps.

IMG_4326

I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but on Halloween night, Zachary - Emma's older boyfriend - invited us over for dinner on her birthday night. Whether or not this was okay with Martine & Jordan, I'll never know. They are terrific cooks so I jumped on the invitation, even if it was given by an almost-four-year-old. Hopefully they didn't mind.

IMG_4336

They put on a wonderful last-mintute spread and we ate far better than we would have if we were at home. Plus, Emma always seems to eat more when we're out than at home. I suppose I should start taking that personally by now. Particularly when my kid eats their corn and actually yells out "YUMMIEEE!!!" That hurts. It's corn, for chrissakes. Just corn. Way to sucka punch your mamma little one.

IMG_4347

Thank God she made the cake from a mix.

First thing Emma yelled out when she saw it? "YUMMMIEEE SMARTIES!!!"
The kid knows what she likes. And WHO she likes...

IMG_4343

IMG_4350

Really, though... can you blame her?

Damnit... it's quarter past nine. Missed the first 15 minutes of my show. Hate that. Guess I have no choice but to go downstairs and eat half-price Halloween candy for the next 45 minutes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures---would love a piece of that birthday cake,Emma!! It's wonderful to have Good Friends!!! Miss You.
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Okay, Okay, Okay, I will finally take the time to post a comment. For the other readers of Alissa's blog, please note that I too am an avid reader but I never seem to have anything worth while to say. But today I have to say something. It was a pleasure to have Baby Emma over to our place on her birthday to celebrate! Zachary and Hunter adore her... As do Jordan and I. I love the montage you made of her fall photos. Awesome!
Martine

alissa said...

Shit - meant to give credit for the photo montage in the blog. Puh-leeze, like I could do that??!! No. My other reader, Tonya, made it. She's crafty like that. You can check her out at http://a-mothers-journal.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Wow - Tonya is very talented! And that cakes looks amazing! I, too, enjoy a good homemade cake. (Much better that the store-bought kinds where you can actually stop eating from extreme nauseau after only a few bites).

Kila said...

Cute pictures!

I think all kids eat more when they are away from home--other people's stuff is always "better".

Anonymous said...

I'd like to use your blog to ask Tonya how she did that? What program do you use?

BB

Anonymous said...

Hi Yu,
Welcome to the club!!!

BB

Tonya said...

looks like Emma had a great day :) and the pics are great!! Glad you liked the montage Alisa! they were such adorable pics..

BB- I use many programs a couple being PS CS and PSPX.. You can see more signatures created by me at http://signatures.bundook.com