
... but yet, he looks more like six months old.
He had his 4-month check up today (get this, I initially spelled check cheque - shows you where my head's at these days!) and the doctor said his weight is Excellent. Capital E. That was not a typo. He's tipping the scales at just below 16 lbs, which puts him in the 75th percentile. Height & head size are also great - at the 50th percentile.
So where to begin? I feel like I'm not writing enough about little MickNew on a daily basis... must work on that. Regardless right now this is going to be more of a photo-blog than a word one. First off, I'm tired. Second, not feelin' like my normally funny self. Third, I still have to write about Emma's birthday party that also happened yesterday. I'll tell you this much - she's got a cold from hell. Started a few days ago, continued over her party, and is now even worse. I'm getting the cough portion. Jeff is feeling a little buggy too. Any my back hurts. There. We're all a little bitchy over here. So like I was saying... photo blog time!
Lame, I know.
Deal.
So much as I tried to shove a pacifier down Michael's throat, it was a no-go. He wanted no part of it. Finally I decided the little guy probably knows what's best for him and let him be. Once he realized he was getting his own way, he found his thumb. Not only did he find it, but he found out that he loves it.

I've noticed that he seems to have a bit of an oral fixation these days. Something has to be in his mouth at ALL times. If it's not his thumb, then it's my boob. If it's not my boob, then it's this thing. His favourite toy in the whole wide world. Bear in mind, his world is very small. And from the looks of this photo, so is his head.

And notice how I so strategically showed you a photo of him sucking his thumb, and another of him sucking his toy, but completely avoided one of him sucking my boob? Uh-huh. I'm clever like that.
Like Emma before him, Michael is already able to hold his full weight on his legs. More impressive however because he has a lot more weight to hold than Emma ever had to contend with. And just like he said about Emma, Jeff is convinced that Michael will be walking by nine months old. Like he did. Or so he says. God help me. And no. Emma walked at 12 months. Like a normal kid.
Here's a bad photo of Michael, but a cute one of Jeff. This was taken at Emma's birthday party yesterday. Michael actually behaved like a perfect gentleman throughtout the entire affair. Let me socialize by way of not eating the ENTIRE TIME. And when I say the ENTIRE TIME that was FIVE HOURS. Did you hear me??? My kid went FIVE HOURS without a boob!!! An absolute record. And he didn't puke. Not once. And he didn't cry. At all. Personally I think it was because he was in a room of 6 older women - a one year old, four 2 year olds, and a three year old. She was the cougar of the lot. Cry baby barfers never get the girls.

Have I mentioned just how happy a kid little MickNew is? So very happy. Really. Not just saying that. He's now laughing & cooing all the live long day. Just like Happy Drawf. Soon enough he'll be singing & dancing too. Seriously though, he laughs out loud like a three-year-old. Side-splitting, about to bust a gut laughter. I've never in my life heard a baby laugh like him. At first, it was only in his Jolly Jumper. Not the original, rather the one by Graco. It's got a barf tray. That's essential for my little guy. Anyhow, now he laughs like that all the time... even today in the doctor's office, when he was getting his legs examined. Oh wait... maybe he's just ticklish.

Here he is on his activity mat. I wish he liked it more. It would make tummy time alot easier for both of us. Much like how my mother didn't force me to practice playing the piano because she couldn't stand the headaches my playing forced her to endure, I can't stand the screaming that comes from more than 3 minutes on his tummy. That said, I can't play piano, and Michael may never learn to roll over.

And now for the many faces of Michael. He's got a lot of 'em.
This is the sweet, innocent smile:

This is the "Holy Shit - it's Bubbie" face:

This is the "I'm so happy cuz here comes mommy with a boob!" face:

And this is the "Oh My God You Shouldn't Have!" surprised face:

Have I mentioned how cute Michael is naked? He is. But he requested I respect his modesty. Baby sign language sure has come a long way, huh?


Serious cuteness. Told ya so.
See ya layder, as Emma says.

4 comments:
Aw, he's some chubby. Adorable, really. If you need a younger girl for him I have one here. There are days I would even be willing to send her east.
You sorta forget the weight issue when you're around him cuz he really is the happiest baby! (I guess that's why mommy always says "I don't remember you being fat!".. Hmm.. maybe she wasn't lying!)
So, um.. got any more of the Elmo Cake left?
OMG..what a great post and the pics were hilarous!! How cute can you get... lol
Lori....I never thought you were fat, I just thought someone was following you.
Alissa....Mic New is going to have to be told that although he is a 4th generation Native Canadian, he'll have to apply for his Indian status card before he can change his name from Michael, I was thinking,
"Little chief likes-the-boob" what do you think?
Post a Comment