Monday, October 16, 2006

Girls Day In

On Friday, Emma, Michael & I went to visit Connie & Tegan at their house. Connie bought Michael a gorgeous 'welcome to the world' gift. I'd say what it is, but I actually liked it so much that I'm going to buy the same thing for Michelle, Esther's mother. I know she doesn't read my blog regularly, but just in case, I'll wait till after her latest kid is born till I tell y'all about the kick-ass gift Connie bought Michael.

Anyhow, back to our day... We arrived at their house around noon and shortly after we got there Tegan went down for her nap. Perfect timing because it allowed Emma to climatize to her surroundings without being totally wigged out. Lately she needs a 10 minute 'get comfortable' period before she can relax. Before that happens, she's getting easily wigged out, skittish. I'm hoping she gets over it once she gets more confident in herself. With time, I'm sure. I hope. As I was saying, Tegan went down and when she woke up, Emma was in great spirits. (When we arrived, Emma had just fallen asleep in the car and was less than pleased when I had to jolt her back to reality.)

The girls played together quite nicely. Emma ran around their basement looking at all the toys, over & over yelling out "Oh. My. Gawd! Oh. My. Gawd!" Again & again & again. Adorable, I tell ya, adorable.

Then, like girlfriends do, they settled down to watch a movie.

IMG_3656

And they ate chips.

IMG_3657

Then Emma vacuumed up the mess.

IMG_3661

I've never seen a kid so in love with a toy as Emma was with Tegan's pink vacuum. Should anyone out there be at a loss for what to get Emma for her birthday, this vacuum would be a great idea. Shameless gift plug from her mother, I know. But damn... she really liked this. And considering she just recently got over her intense fear of the cleaning apparatus, this could be like a combination reward slash birthdy present. She is going to be TWO, after all. High time for a proper vacuum. You can buy it HERE. I'm just saying...

SHE is cute too.. at least one of them. Like Anna.

But she would be much more fun with accessories like THIS or THIS or THIS.

Okay, that was fun...

This is no worse than when my mother used to put a huge bag in the upstairs hallway on her birthday, with a sign above it, saying "GIFT DEPOSITORY". It worked. Just as I'm hoping this blog will... Anything for my kid... Make a note - the party is on November 5th.

And here's a picture of Michael. Just because he's cute. And because I went to Sear's today to pick up his traditional 2-month photo and they lost them. THEY LOST THEM!!!! How could this happen??? And it was such a cute picture too. I AM PISSED. Fortunately I take about 1000 pictures a day so I know what he looks like, but still... Ugh. I also prepaid & now have no proof because I didn't hold on to my receipt. No pictures, no refund. Gawd, how I hate The Man.

IMG_3669

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gift bag is still in the upstairs hall, and it's empty. But...there's a big box in my front closet from Pottery Barn!!
BB

Emmakirst said...

The pictures are too cute. They are so into watching the movie.

I sure wish kids loved to vacuum when they are older, lol.

I would be SOOO pissed about them losing the pictures. I sure hope a miracle happens and they find them.

Anonymous said...

I'm free to go back to Sears with you for another shoot... Maybe I'll get to sit in on the pictures with them, and then, when Lexi arrives, you can sit in on pictures with her! (And to give me some much-needed rest, I'm sure!)

Anonymous said...

What adorable pictures---they add so much to your blog!!! It's wonderful that Emma has good friends--both male & female.
Grandma

Anonymous said...

They are both so georgous! Kiss them for me please.

Sara