Monday, July 24, 2006

The Last Laugh

I know I pissed a few of you off during my gripping about my weight gain during my pregnancy. Well, here's your chance to laugh (okay, giggle) at me..

Michael weighed 7.0 lbs. Plus the placenta, plus ooods of water and fluids. I was sure I'd jump off the table at least, at very least, minus 10 lbs. Ummm... no. Somehow, even though I expelled a SEVEN POUND HUMAN BEING from my body, I only managed to lose THREE FRIGGIN' POUNDS.

I arrived home the very next day still looking 10 months pregnant. Of course, this was the first thing my father pointed out.

Then, in reading our local birth announcements (something I do religiously - it's a Jewish thing - that, and the obits) I came across this one and suddenly it made sense:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jodi and David G-------- are thrilled to announce the birth of their son, Nathan Jacob, born June 20/2006. Nathan is delighted to announce the arrival of his twin sisters Leila Abigail and Eden Brooke, born July 12, 2006. Grandparents, Larry and Anette Goldstein, Larry Silverberg and Judi Gottlieb and great Bubie Sara Goldlist are ecstatic with their three miracles. Aunts, uncles and cousins are kvelling. Bubie Linda is sadly missed at this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At press time, almost two weeks after the fact, I am still only able to fit in maternity wear. I can't even get the fattest of my fat pants over my hips. This being the case, I'm starting to think that perhaps I still have another one in me. She did!

2 comments:

Emmakirst said...

The weight will eventually come off. I was like you, i didn't gain much, actually lost weight at the end of my pregnancy, but after a 7lb baby still didn't really lose anything. I just started to get back into my old clothes about a month after she was born. You'll get there!~

Tonya said...

It will come off... dont worry so much.. geez I wish I looked like you when you were ready to drop the little man..lol

Ps.. and there is NO other baby in there... lol