Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Clearly Pregnant...

So tonight I watched the second last American Idol of the season. I watched as Taylor went to his hometown of Birmingham, AL (I've been there!), and the tens of thousands of fans who were on site to greet him. He met the mayor. Got a key to the city. He met the Governor. Got a day named after him. And through it all, I cried.

Then I went along as Katharine visited her hometown of Los Angeles. Not a huge turnout, it IS Los Angeles. And really, who is Katharine but a reality show contestant? I mean, this is home to really famous people. But still, I cried as she hugged all her old high school buddies.

And finally, Elliott & I went to his hometown of Richmond, VA. Here the turnout was absolutely out of control. Mayors, Governors, Parades, Floats, Baseball games. Pandamonium. I cried even more. Then I noticed so did Elliott. But then, it was happening to him.. he had reason to cry.

And then it was time to say goodbye to one of three finalists. I expected it would be him, but hoped it wouldn't. Bad teeth and all. B'bye Elliott. Hopefully you'll get a record deal & fix your teeth. (Is his mother sick?)

Needless to say, I ended the show with mascara all over my face.

I predict Taylor is going to be the winner. Elliott has a better voice, but Taylor... that guy can hold an audience.

On a happier note, we switched from UPS to FedEx, and let me tell you... the new FedEx guy is hubba-hubba-hottt!! Next time I call, I'll be sure to take my hair out of the bun before answering the door.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so funny. Even when I am miserable and nothing can make me smile, I go to your blog and always get a laugh!

Poor Elliot. I really liked him! I am not sure about his mother being ill but he is 90% deaf in one ear. Can you imagine?!

Martine

Tonya said...

That is a whole lotta crying...lol Did not watch the AI this season..and LOL @ the FedEx dude.. :)