
Seeing as I bared all & told everyone that my daughter went to see a neurologist, I feel compelled to write to follow-up report. I really shouldn't however, seeing as ONLY MY MOTHER bothered to comment. And Martine called to find out what was up. BUT THAT WAS IT. Looks like I took a few weeks off from writing and lost my entire audience base. Not entirely a bad thing, however, because now I can start writing all sorts of shit about my friends. You know, what I really think about them. And remember... I'm in my third trimester. And quite bitchy. So bitchy, in fact, that Jeff said he doesn't think he could go through a third pregnancy with me. Nice, huh?
But back to the neurologist appointment...
So we went to see Dr. Friedman, who by the way, is Emma's regular pediatrition in the first place & has been following the whole scissor-leg thing since I first reported it back when she was 6 months old. We went through her complete history, visit by visit, and he reminded me of how with every subsequent check-up he has examined all her muscles & joints & movements & what not.
He questioned me as to how Emma walks compared to the other kids her age? Exactly the same.
Is she clumsy? No.
Does she fall down? When pushed.
Can she climb up stairs? Yes.
Does she go down? Not till she's in her twenties.
How about running? Just a faster version of her walking.
And so on...
Then we went on a 'field trip' through the office hallways, and up & down the stair wells so he could watch her in action. My little Emma turned into every car, every major appliance, every defunct toaster I've ever owned... take her into the shop & she works fine. Christ all mightly, the kid tip-toes 85% of the time, and suddenly she's perfectly 'normal'. Figures.
We go back into the examining room to continue the question, and he pokes & prodes some more. The net net? He's not thrilled with the scissor-leg thing, but is not going to diagnose her as anything but NORMAL (told ya so!!!!!), and will keep an eye on her development. Should I start to notice her not keeping up with the other kids (aka the Jones's), I should alert him. If she isn't a great runner by 2, let him know. If she can't ride a tricycle by 3, alert him. And if her figure skating sucks when she's 5, well maybe she just wasn't meant to be the next Nancy Kerigan.
Did I mention that about 10 minutes into the hour long appointment, I realized by shirt was on inside out? How cool am I?

5 comments:
I am glad to hear that our beautiful baby emma is just fine. I new she would be anyway! I am still laughing about the inside out t-shirt incident! I have been caught with my shirt inside out with the tag showing! How embarrasing is that?! How about your pants on inside out? I did that once with sweats when I was in a rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Martine
Whew. BTW, keeping her legs crossed will pay off when she gets older.
BB
Not is her mother expects her to "go down" in her teens! (Alissa.. someday Emma will read this blog and won't u be sorry!)
- "Auntie" L
I'd have written she'll go down after she's married... but we all know that doesn't happen!!
Glad to hear everything went well :) and you are way too cool with the shirt on inside out..lol Love the bulldog as well.. I Just LOVE them...
Post a Comment