Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I Found The Glass Half Full Side For Once

Last night after I put Emma down for the night, Jeff & I settled back to watch The Apprentice. It was so nice, so quiet, so relaxing. Tonight I plan on doing much of the same with American Idol, and again on Thursday night with Survivor.

Then it hit me... in four short months we'll have another little person in our house who will likely be very much awake at 9:00 pm - a time when all the good shows are on. Crap.

And then I had another thought... Much as I've been bitching about how much having a summer baby sucks (mostly because of shitty birthday parties, what with school being out, cottages, vacations, camp - no guests to invite), I also realized that it's rerun season!! I don't have to worry about missing who gets voted off the stage or kicked off the island! Should the little guy have (ugh) colic, that generally only lasts for the first 3 months - right in time for the start of the new fall season. Maybe summer babies don't suck after all!!

1 comment:

Emma in Canada said...

I'm so excited to have a summer baby after having 3 winter ones. Maybe not every kid she wants will be there, but at least I can have it outdoors. Outdoors = cheap.