Sunday, February 26, 2006

He's Already Changing Me!

As you may have known, for years and years and years I've been hooked on Montreal bagels from What-A-Bagel (or St. Urbain Bagel, depending on where I was). And for the first four months that the little guy has been with me, I've coaxed him on the ways of the Montreal bagel.

And now, without warning, without anything, he's done an about face. It's like he just woke up one morning and said "NO MORE MONTREAL BAGELS FOR YOU, LADY. IT'S GRYFE'S OR NOTHING."

Before he's even hit the outside world, I must say that I think he's on to something. I probably won't say this often - at least not in a public forum - but here it is... "Okay little guy, you're right. It is Gryfe's or nothing. Well... maybe not NOTHING..."

And while I miss the "who-will-I-run-into-at-What-A-Bagel" game, it's for a good cause. The cause of the superior bagel & a know-it-all kid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, you're both wrong, there's nothing and I mean nothing like those soft and fluffy bagels that the bakery at Steeles and Laurleaf use to make!!! BTW.....will you be changing the name of your blog? Perhaps "A kid called Emma and her little brother"?

Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign my first comment. It's Bubie B.