Tuesday, January 03, 2006

He's Alive!!

Today I had my first OB-GYN visit. I'll tell you here & now that I love my doctor! Same one as before, but whereas there used to just be a like, there is now a love. Don't really know why, but when he walked into the office this morning I was thrilled to bits to see him. Guess it likely had a little something to do with him being responsible for bringing Emma into the world and all.

His first words:
B: "Wow! That was quick!"

I also quickly remembered how much I hated his scale. At home, I weighed in at 110.4. Two hours later at his office I jumped to 113. And no, I wasn't wearing my shoes or jacket.

Other than the constant fatigue and barfing, I really haven't felt pregnant yet. Okay, maybe I've felt it, but it hasn't exactly sunk in. At all. Today I got to hear the little guy's heartbeat! Suddenly it all became very real. (At least for the moment... now I'm back to not truly believing it possible.) What's really strange is that I keep calling him "him" when truth be told, I'm quite sure he's a she.

Even more strange is that bulge on my stomach that I thought was holiday cheese is actually my 'bump'.