Wednesday, December 21, 2005

He Shoots, She Scores!

I had a secret. And now I can finally let you in on it. However, chances are you already know as Jeff is horrible at keeping his damn mouth shut...

Let's backtrack, shall we?

November 18, 2005 Strange, things just seems to happen on this day. Way back in 1965, Jeff was born. Then in 1971, Paula was born. But I don't much care about that anymore (cuz I can't stand her, but for some reason thought it was worth mentioning). 2001 - Jeff proposed marriage to me. 2004 - Emma's scheduled due date. And now, 2005, I found out I am pregnant again. Like I said, weird, huh?

November 19, 2005 A bunch of friends and I took him out to dinner to celebrate the big "4-0". Just before we left to meet everyone, Emma & I presented him with our gift - a new Roots leather jacket, in brown to match his Roots travel bag (that I bought him for our first Christmas together.) Of course, he had to try it on (and, surprise, surprise he actually likes it!). However, the real reason I chose to buy him this isn't so much because he needed a new coat (he kinda did, but not despretly), but rather because I needed for him to reach into a pocket. And sure enough he did. In the pocket he found a card & a long, thin wrapped gift of sorts. Sure enough the card had a picture of a baby sleeper, and inside was signed from "Alissa, Emma, and Ethan/Noa".

J: You just never stop workin' it, eh?
A: Huh?
J: The names. You're relentless. Uhhh... uhhh... you're not... you're not... you can't be... Are you pregnant? (utter disbelief)

Then he opened the stick. It was the positive pee'd on stick. Cleaned up, of course.

J: I felt it, and thought it was the Platinum Mont Blanc pen.

November 24, 2005 (111 lbs. - but did treat myself to Swiss Chalet chicken & fries last night for dinner) Week 6 Been feeling great up to know, not knowing I was pregnant. Now the nausea has set in. I don't remember it coming on so early with Emma... Ditto the tiredness. Granted, truth be told, while the nausea is definiately present, it was not ALL-CONSUMING, like with Emma. At least not yet. Tonight Jeff told his family that we would not be going South to visit with them over the holidays. They were less than pleased. After making many excuses - can't get away from work (true) and can't fly (true) because too expense for everyone for such a short time (not as true) to can't drive because not enough time to waste in a car for four days (true), he finally had to call them back and tell them the big news - Alissa can't fly cuz he's preggo. Of course, this news came right after he shit all over their Thanksgiving dinner. And it sounded delicious. According to the Internet, these are some important dates:

Due Date 7/21/2006
Conception 10/27/2005 (who would've guessed?)
Pregnancy Test 11/10/2005 (and I didn't even take it till the 18th..)
1st Heartbeat 11/24/2005
Quickening 2/16/2006
Viability 3/30/2006

I have yet to get an actual blood test from the doctor to CONFIRM the pregancy. How much would that suck if I wasn't & have been going through days of psycho-somatic sickness for nothing? But if all goes well, I'm scheduled to see my OBGYN on January 3, 2006.

November 26, 2005 Jeff has decided he'd like to return to Roots jacket for the damn Platinum Mont Blanc pen. Bastard!

November 27, 2005 OH. MY. GOD. What have I done? I'M NOT READY!!! Out of nowhere panic has set in over this very unexpected turn of events. Suddenly we're no longer going to Atlanta for the holidays because I cannot fly. Suddenly I can no longer enjoy a good slab of lox, deli turkey, or blue cheese. And I never even got to experience the pear martini at Lobby I longed for throughout my entire pregnancy with Emma. Christ, I just stopped nursing her two months ago!!!! I got cheated out of my drunk night!!!! Pathetically enough, that was planned to happen on Jeff's 40th do-dah. And, obviously didn't. Instead I sat there sipping Perrier pretending it was vodka/7. And when Barbi wasn't no time in calling out my lack of beverage, I even ordered a glass of much needed, but not touched, wine. It looked at me and laughed. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to bits. I just wasn't expecting it to happen so soon. It took four months of carefully timed, very scheduled daliances to achieve the miracle we now call that little snot, so this shot in the dark (I was likely in need of a wax) has taken me competely by surprise. I just thought I'd have had more time... I'm going to be a mother to two children under TWO YEARS OLD. I don't know if I'm mentally equipped for this.

December 1, 2005 Okay, I'm pretty sure my latest loaf is no ette. Just a feeling, but I think we've got a boy on our hands. Granted, I say this and Jeff is forever warning me not to keep screwing with him (parden the pun), but my instincts are always dead wrong. If I say we should turn left, no doubt we should turn right. EVERY TIME. But this time, I think I'm on to something... granted, I say that EVERY TIME too.

December 5, 2005 Had my first real craving tonight... I NEEDED a burrito. And then came to the sad realization that Toronto is sorely lacking in any variety of good Mexican restaurants. And by good, I really just mean okay... not great, just not Taco Bell. And other than one at Yonge & Eglinton and another at Bayview & Eglinton there isn't one anywhere near my house. That said, I'm seriously considering looking into an Over The Border franchise. And what in the hell happened to Chi Chi's? I soo wanted to sit down, have a virgin margarita, and some free hot tortilla chips with salsa. Obviously this didn't happen, and Jeff ran over to our local Taco Bell for a bean burrito and cheese fries. Those are, by the way, surprisingly delicious. December 8, 2005 I'm so sick & tired of feeling sick & tired all the fucken time. It's seemingly never ending. Actually, I do have a few good hours every day - between 10:00am-3:00pm life is fine, and I can see daylight. Well, not really because these hours are now usually spent just doing laundry and unloading/loading the dishwasher.

December 21, 2005 Finally pulled my head out of the toilet for five minutes to update my blog... hopefully I still have some readers left! Y'know, it's very hard to enforce that the TOILET IS DIRTY when Emma pretty much watches me bob for apples in the bowl all day long. It's also very hard to have a relaxing barf when you have to share the can with a second head, straining to see just what's so exciting in there. And then wanting to touch it.

Oh... I should also mention here & now that I still have yet to have an actual blood pregnancy test... but I did finally schedule it. YAY ME!

And lastly... as of tomorrow, I'll only be 10 weeks along so anything can happen...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get the test results yet??? Can I "legally" tell people now? Let me know if you need me to come over and hold your hair.

2X bubbie b.

Anonymous said...

You already know how happy I am for you... However, Hunter is hoping that you have another girl because Zachary already has dibs on Emma!!!

Martine