Sunday, September 04, 2005

So This Is How Jim Jones Did It.

Did I tell you my inlaws are in town?

Last night we were all sitting around watching Gangs of New York when my father-in-law asked who the lead actor was in My Left Foot. We all seemed to draw a blank - one of those times where it was on the tip of everyone's tongue, but no one was able to spit it off their tongue & into the world.

A: Geoffrey Rush?
J: Noooo... I'm sure it's a female name.
A: Ralph Fiennes?
G: Noooo...
A: He won an academy award for the role. I SOOO know this one! Just can't place it...!! AGH! This is so frustrating.

silence.. deep thoughts all around... more silence...

A: DANIEL O'DAY!!!!!!!
G: THAT'S IT!!!!
J: IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!

And applauds all around. Clapping that even beats the clapping that comes when Emma finishes her rice cereal.

Gloating, and being extremely impressed by my own knowledge, I dance into the kitchen for a celebratory drink. While I'm standing at the sink, I start thinking...

Who in the hell is Daniel O'Day?

The lead actor of My Left Food was Daniel Day Lewis.

Say it with conviction & they will believe. Anyone care for some kool-aid?

1 comment:

Kurt said...

Who in the hell is Daniel O'Day, indeed!