MOVE UP! JACK UP! MOVE BACK! TO THE SIDE! OTHER SIDE! MAKE A V! REVERSE V! and so on and so on and so on...
I joined Stroller Fitness. And like the ad said, it's "not just a walk in the park". I didn't believe them. So much so that when I called to enroll, I asked if I could wear jeans. (The girl laughed at me. I'm getting used to that.) Clearly, I thought it was just a walk in the park. With other moms and babies. Sounded like fun. Didn't think I'd actually leave sweating. Oh let me tell you, I sweat. Did I mention we're going through somewhat of a heat-wave here? Yes, it's pretty. Really pretty. Particuarly when I don't have time to shower before class. Though it was worse that one day when I didn't have time to shower AFTER class.
Griping aside, I'm actually loving the class. Truthfully, and I never thought I'd say this about anything having to do with exercise, but I'm actually finding myself looking forward to Thursday mornings. The class is small, there's only 6 of us (get this - four of the six have Bugaboos!), and they are all really nice. No shit. Usually I can only find one person that I like, and sometimes even then I'm faking it. (Cuz us Blum's don't really need friends!) Of course, there are some that I do like more than others, but overall I do like them all. Maybe I'm just desperate for friendship?!
The other babies range in age from 9 weeks to one year, Emma obviously falling somewhere in the middle. Get this though... there's a 10 week old who already weighs SIXTEEN POUNDS!! 10 weeks... and he's FOUR POUNDS bigger than Emma! His name is Max. 'Nuff said. (I don't know what that's supposed to mean, or why I said it. Probably cuz it's late.)
The instructor is one of those hyper-fit boobless chicks without an ounce of fat on her (except when she turned around I did see thigh cellulite - how unfortunate, work out like a beast & still get the cottage cheese legs.) She's one of those that screams in the park - 10 MORE JUMPING JACKS!! RUN UP THE HILL FIVE TIMES!! TIME FOR CRUNCHES!! Army style, y'know. It's all I can do not to bust a gut laughing at her. And just when you think you're almost done, she yells out ONLY TWELVE MORE SETS!! May as well be a million.
Friday mornings my body is killing & I feel like a rock star. I wish I could go twice a week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment