Monday, June 06, 2005

Hello! Hello! Hello!

(You're supposed to read that with expression.)

It appears that Emma's first new trick at the beginning of her 7th month is waving "hello!". It's something we've been practicing for awhile so please, don't be shy... tell us how amazing she is. We love hearing that. (In case you missed it, that would be a COMMENT inference.) In the past three days she's started to wave (back) at people. Okay, fine.. so it's more like flopping one arm up & down in the air, but I think that constitutes as a wave. If not, she's got a really bad tick.

Jeff left yesterday afternoon for Baltimore, exciting Baltimore, for a full week. Oh how that sucks. For me, yes. I miss him, I'm lonely, and he's very helpful with Emma. But truthfully, it sucks more for him. Granted, he does get to stay in a fancy-schmancy hotel & eat in fancy-schmancy hoytee-toytee restaurants, while I'm here eating yet another turkey potpie (from Bruno's - they're pretty good, albeit a little soggy, but I digress...) Jeff is missing Emma. He's so worried she's going to start crawling while he's away, and quite frankly, I don't blame him. (Although I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen this week... maybe week after, or even week after that..). The point here is our little Em is getting close to crawling! Right now she's discovered a new method of mobility, one that seems to suit her needs just fine - Rolling. Yup, she rolls... backward, forward, frontward, backward... and boy, she really can get from A to B - it just takes some time. And so what if the other kids laugh at her?

No comments: