Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Sweet Home Alabama

Okah, so it's not my home but my in-laws make me feel very welcome. (Am I a kiss-ass or what?!?) Just kidding - I know Charlene reads this.

Anyhow, just wanted to round out the conclusion to our little trip...

We ended up detouring to Atlanta to visit with Lisa, and I must say that Atlanta is beautiful! As is her house. It's HUGE! And the ceilings are so high! I absolutely love it! And that's not a kiss-ass thing to say because she doesn't read my blog. We had a wonderful dinner that Lisa cooked for us, some cocktails (relax... I had wine), and off to bed. The morning we watched "The Incredibles" while Jeff nursed a hangover (lightweight!). Again, I can say this because HE DOESN'T READ THIS. For the first time, we actually made it out of the house by the crack of noon - went to breakfast at this fabulous little place where - and how smart is this - this actually leave the whole pot of coffee right on your table! (relax... I had decaf). After breakfast, we had a mini-tour of Atlanta and dropped Lisa off. Forgot one thing though - to ask her for directions out of town. Now, usually Jeff has a really good zen-like instinct about these kinds of things. Thank God, because without his keen sense I would have never gotten a two and a half hour tour of the backwoods of Georgia! And let me tell you, that is some beautiful countryside! You'd never think there would be a Dairy Queen in the middle of nowhere like that!

And to finish up really quickly, we drove for what seemed to be forever, got to Dayton, Ohio ("what is round on the outside, and hi in the middle?? Ohio!" Even typing it, that still makes me laugh), and spent the night there.

Then, finally, we made it home.

No comments: