Sunday, May 22, 2005

Em's New Crib

Crib

At long last, we have finally set our little one free - into her own space, and rather than making her sleep on the floor, we gave in to her begging & pleading and bought her a bed. And just like her mother, now that she finally got what she's been dying for, she's not so sure she really wants it. (Much like the salad-dressing maker that I begged Jeff for at William Ashley's - $50 and the stupid thing is no better than a fork). Anyhow, I say this because since Friday, the day she got the crib-of-my-dreams, she's been none too pleased with the situation.

The old sleeping arrangement worked out well for all involved - I'd put her down at about 8-8:30 and she'd sleep uninterrupted till 8-8:30 the next morning. And this has been our lives since she was 2 months old. WELL... two weeks ago, on Mother's Day, we decided to move her (& her cradle) to her own bedroom - which I should mention is on a SEPARATE FLOOR - may as well be in another city as far as I'm concerned. The move was strangely smooth. Once again I was left believing my daughter couldn't be ANY MORE PERFECT. Still slept for 10-12 hours in row. No biggie - she was a trouper. NOT ANY MORE. The past four nights (yes, I know she's only had the crib for two - guess she knew something was up), she has been up (and angry!) at least twice each night. She'll go down without any problems at the usual time, but by midnight she's up and out for blood. By 1:00 or 2:00 she'll go down, but at 5:00 she's wide awake again. And no, still not happy. Tonight will be the 5th night in a row - she went down at 9:00, it's 11:07 now & I'm listening to her squirm about on the monitor. (Although, in her defence, there has been fireworks going off all night & she's been sleeping straight through them...)

EMMA... WHERE'S THE OLD YOU????!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww - poor Emma. Maybe you should tell her that all the cool girls will make fun of her if they knew she was still sleeping upstairs?