Sunday, April 17, 2005

A Fishy One

small fish

So it wasn't quite MarineLand (TM), but a close second nonetheless... and since Emma doesn't know any better, she was thrilled. What am I talking about? Well, Jeff & I took our little barfer (yes, she's still doing that) to see all the wildlife at Big Al's Aquarium SuperStore! First stop, the coy pond. Once she realized those fish all MOVED, she was beyond stunned - the only time I've ever seen her eyes open that wide was when she saw her first swimming pool (otherwise known as the biggest bathtub E-V-E-R). And to make her day even better, one of the worker guys fed them so Emma could see them all rush over to one end of their tub to stuff their little orange faces. People are much nicer when you have a baby. Next time I go without Emma, I think I'm going to ask if I can see them feed the goldfish...

Anyhow, that was the great part of Emma's day. The great part of my day came when we stepped outside of Big Al's. The three of us were just standing in front of the shop, chit-chatting y'know, when Emma (in Jeff's arms) leaned toward me, arms outstretch, and KISSED ME ON THE LIPS!!!! And then... SHE DID IT AGAIN!!!! Emma has NEVER kissed me... a real, intentional kiss! She moved my world that afternoon.

No comments: