Tuesday, March 15, 2005

How To Make Emma Laugh

Or at least smile...

As of two nights ago, she discovered the sheer joy of a good game of peek-a-boo!!! Up goes the blanket, down comes the blanket... "PEEK-A-BOO"!!!! Then I made her cry. Mommy got a little too into peek-a-boo for everyone's sake.

Good thing that I had a fool-proof back-up to put an abrupt end to the kiddie angst... I broke into a rousing rendition of "Miss Mary Mack". Complete with hand gestures, of course. Do you remember the words??!!

Miss Mary Mack Mack Mack
All dressed in black, black, black
With silver buttons, buttons, buttons
All down her back, back, back.

She asked her mother, mother, mother
For 50 cents, cents, cents
To see the elephants, elephants, elephants
Jump over the fence, fence, fence.

They jumped so high, high, high
They reached the sky, sky, sky
And they didn't come back, back, back
'Til the 4th of July, ly, ly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm left to wonder... are those the REAL words to Miss Mary Mack... because as far as I can tell, it all sounds good - but for the life of me, I can't remember if that's correct or not! (Though I do recall a part about "silver buttons, buttons, buttons..all down her back, back, back....")