
Never in my life could I have imagined four months to go by so quickly. Emma, you amaze me. You are changing so much each day, learning so many new things, it's never-ending... A few things I want to remember... how much you enjoy visiting with the little girl who lives in the mirror. She looks alot like you. You always have a lot to tell her... talking (which is more like squaking) your little head off - you're very social! I keep trying to get it on tape, but everytime I pull out the camcorder, you clam up - you're like that person who freaks out & shuts up as soon as the red "on air" light starts flashing. Think Cindy Brady when she froze on that smart-kid game show competition. So much for the memories! Thanks alot, Emma.
Today you did something particularly cute.. I was feeding you lunch as usual, and while doing so, I was biting my fingernail (bad habit, I know - but I don't smoke, cuz smoking is very, very, very bad for you). Anyhow, you looked up at me, tore your little head away from my boob, nearly ripping off my niple might I add, reached up, and grabbed for my hand. You looked at me as if to say, "Hey... you got chocolate milk in that there finger??" Of course, I let you try it for yourself... much like Daddy let you try the Chalet Sauce at Swiss Chalet the other day. (He has also let you try a finger of beer, a finger of ketchup, and of course, a finger of chicken soup. Guess which you preferred?!)
You're suddenly interested in so many of your toys, ones that I was beginning to think were enormous wastes of money. You particularly love your activity mat, with all those squeeky toys that hang from the sky. You also love your bouncer (but for short durations only), and pretty much anything that makes sounds. (God help us!) You seem to like Squishy the Flying Pink Elepant (okay, he doesn't really fly - we just throw him to you and say he's flying. You'll figure that out in due time). Every night you fall asleep listening to jazz music. If you don't enjoy that, you haven't mentioned it. But sadly, most of all, you seem to love the TV. We're trying to be good parents and only letting you watch Baby Einstein (you seem to enjoy Baby Van Gogh the most), but really, sometimes we need to watch our shows too. That said, you're now hooked on Survivor. It's still early, so I don't know who you're rooting for yet. (Sorry, but you're about to get into "The Amazing Race" too. Blame Rob & Amber for being so cute.)
You also seem to love your clothes. And your bare legs. And we can't forget about poking your nose. The first verse of "Miss Mary Mack" (cuz I mommy doesn't remember past that). You still don't know you have feet... and you have no idea what to do with your arms.
Soon enough you'll realize that you are the kid we call Emma.

No comments:
Post a Comment